Thursday 18 October 2012

3 Weeks On

It seems remarkable how quickly the time is passing. 3 weeks on and the scar is healing quite well, the swelling and redness have reduced significantly although at one end I have a stitch knot that is being stubborn and creating a dent in the skin. I keep a close check on it for any signs of infection as this is a possible worry while it's healing but so far it's looking clean. I use an antisceptic spray on it twice a day and try to make sure my clothes don't aggravate it. I do seem to be spending a lot of time with my bra strap off my shoulder and I wonder sometimes whether I will ever get back to wearing my bra properly again. 

I had a doctors appointment today for my cholesterol check and it's the first time my doctor has seen me since the implant so I was happy for her to take a look at the scar. She too is happy how it's healing although says it's the end is a little puckered and needs to be monitired closely.

I'm now finding the arm is wanting to be more mobile than it should be because the pain isn't there to remind me. I am instinctively reaching out to pick things up that I shouldn't so I am having to be so much more aware of what I am doing. But, at least the signs are good.

Only 4 weeks until my appointement to check everything is ok with the pacemaker unit. I'm crossing the days off on the calendar. This year, bonfirme night will have a really different meaning, that should be the day the hospital tell me the operation has been a success and I can get on with my life and not worry about the av block as it gets worse, my pacemaker will fill in the gaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment