Monday 5 November 2012

A little problem.

As much as I am healing well from the implant, I do have a slight concern over the my scar. At one end one of the disposable stitches did not drop off as it should, instead the skin started to grow around it but didn't heal over it, it left a little hole. We have been keeping a close eye on it and while ever there was no inflammation or leakage it was ok. I kept it clean and use an antisceptic spray twice daily. 

Up until last Wednesday everything looked fine, and then there was some leakage and it left a raw looking hole, very small but a worry.

The following morning I rang my aftercare team and they suggested I should make an appointment with my doctor and have it checked out. I managed to get an appointment for later that day and she confirmed that, at the moment there is no infection, but to be on the safe side I have another course of antibiotics. 

The thought is that this is my body naturally expelling the rogue stitch and that over the next couple of weeks it will start to heal properly. Time will tell and in the meantime I just have to keep a close eye on it and let the antibiotics do their stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment