Sunday 18 November 2012

8 Weeks On

8 weeks after the operation and it's business as usual for everyone around me. The events of the last few months has become a faded memory and people have finally stopped asking me how I am with a specific reference to the pacemaker and have gone back to asking how I am in the usual way of being polite but not really interested in the reply.

The scar has finally all healed together and I am hopeful that once I have seen my cardiologist at the end of the month, that I will be able to start using Bio-oil on it to reduce redness of the scar. I am still unable to wear my bra strap over the scar and it is permanently off my shoulder and hanging down my left arm.

Often the skin that is stretched across the pacemaker unit is tender and I'm not sure if that is ok or not, so that is one for the list of questions to ask at my next appointment although things are changing so quickly that by then, it may not be a problem anymore.

The damage to the office block I drove into has now been completely repaired, the internal decoration and carpets are all done and it looks really posh. It's nice not to be walking past the damage several times a day, reminding me of the accident. Not to have visitors asking what happened as they are taken upstairs to their appointment. Now, the only comments we get are about how nice it looks.


No comments:

Post a Comment